The youth exchange “Youth for European Solidarity – YES” aims to bring together 72 young people from 6 different countries, from all corners of Europe and neighbouring countries (France, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, the Netherlands and Romania).
It will take place in Athens, Greece, from 4 to 13 October 2021 and from Italy, thanks to the support (in terms of organisation and financing) of EGInA, 10 students from Umbrian schools will be:
- 2 Students from Liceo Classico “Frezzi-B.Angela” in Foligno;
- 1 Student from Liceo Statale “Plinio il Giovane” in Città di Castello;
- 1 Student from Liceo Sesto Properzio in Assisi;
- 1 Student from Istituto di Istruzione Superiore Scientifico e Tecnico in Orvieto;
- 1 Student from Polo Liceale Mazzatinti di Gubbio;
- 1 Student from Istituto Istruzione Superiore “Sansi – Leonardi – Volta” in Spoleto;
- 1 Student from Campus Leonardo Da Vinci in Umbertide;
- 1 Student from Istituto Istruzione Superiore Gandhi in Narni Scalo;
- 1 Student from Istituto Omnicomprensivo Dante Alighieri in Nocera Umbra.
The main objective of the European Union was to contribute decisively to the maintenance of peace and stability after the hard lessons learned during the Second World War. However, the economic and refugee crises that have plagued Europe over the last decade have given rise to a number of polarising forces and led to new threats to European peace and solidarity.
This project aims to provide young people from different EU countries and with different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds with the knowledge, attitudes and skills needed to face the challenges and to protect and reinvigorate European solidarity.
- To facilitate the creative interaction of young people from different EU countries that will lead to an awareness of their common European values, the common historical influences that have shaped their cultures, as well as the common goals and challenges they face as European citizens, thus strengthening the sense of unity and solidarity among young people in Europe;
- To provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge, ideas and opinions among the youth of Europe on important social issues affecting their lives and future, such as high unemployment rates and social inequalities, as well as the danger that these problems will intensify due to the new coronavirus crisis;
- To Reflect on the state of European solidarity among the Member States, addressing the EU’s response to the current health crisis created by the coronavirus pandemic, and explore ways to protect and reinvigorate the “union” in Europe;
- To trigger the development of a strong commitment protecting European solidarity and stability, and active participation in youth-led efforts to address the current challenges.
“Youth for European Solidarity – YES”
Erasmus+ project: 2020-3-FR02-KA105- 018459
Youth Exchange (Main Mobility)